This natural tea is produced on a 22-hectare plantation in the village of Năpădeni, r. Ungheni, one of the oldest settlements in the Republic of Moldova, located in the Codrii area and a short distance from the Codrii scientific reserve.
V.V. Dokuchaev (1846-1903), the well-known Russian scholar, the author of the book "On Bessarabian Soils", called this region the "Bessarabian Switzerland".
The beauty of Moldova's Codrii forests is as spectacular as the mountain regions of Caucasus and Crimea.
The area is dominated by the highest hills in Moldova and the deepest valleys, with impressive flora and fauna.
Important historical dates:
In 1877, the Russian Tsar Alexander II visits Ungheni to check the status of the Russian troops deployed in the region to participate in the Russian-Turkish War of 1877-1878. In honor of this history, in 1903, a church designed by architect Alexander Bernardazzi was built in Ungheni and dedicated to Alexander Nevsky.
Ungheni was visited in 1877 by the famous French architect Alexandre Gustave Eiffel, who built the railway bridge over the Prut to link the two banks of the river.